In response to the growing demand for education in Dentistry in this region Inderprastha Dental College & Hospital with a clear vision of the future. It is a pioneering institute in this part of the country in the field of Dentistry education. The College is housed in a new building of 2,50,000 sq.ft. The building is not only the architectural beauty but it is functionally well planned.
The College has very progressive and pragmatic environment developed by highly qualified and experienced teaching staff using most modern and innovative teaching aids and methodology. It emphasises real-life experience-based teaching. Its rich library is equipped with internet facilities for the use of its students and faculty. It also subscribes to several national and international journals. The Library has also inter connectivity with leading libraries like British Council library and other Medical Institutions.
Dr. Janak Raj Sabharwal, Director, Inderprastha Dental College & Hospital has been appointed Member, Dental Council of India. Dental Council of India is a Statutory Body incorporated under an Act of Parliament viz. The Dentists Act, 1948 (XVI of 1948) to regulate the Dental Education and the profession of Dentistry throughout India and it is financed by the Government. Dr. Janak Raj Sabharwal is also holding the following important positions:-
- Member, Dental Council of India
- Chairman Dentistry Division, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Executive Member, Delhi Dental Council
- Founder President, IDA – West Dental Branch
- Past Executive Committee Member, Dental Council of India
- Past President, Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India
- Past President, IDA Delhi State
- Delhi State Representative to Central Council IDA, Head office
Inderprastha Dental College & Hospital has been recognised by the following Regulatory bodies.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi
- Dental Council of India, Kotla Road, New Delhi
- Medical Education & Training, U.P. State Government, Lucknow
- Affiliated to Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut.